Fall – October 11, 2021
Spring – February 7, 2021
The Cissna Park Education Foundation makes available Mini-Grant Funds to teachers and classrooms in the Cissna Park Unit #6 school system. The purpose of these grants is to support classroom enrichment projects beyond what the district supports. Proposals should be aimed at direct classroom/ student improvement and/ or instructional enhancement. Funds may not be used for salary or work-time compensation. The grant may not be used for items that do not have a direct benefit to students.
The completed application form must be submitted according to the timeline presented. The Cissna Park Education Foundation Board makes the final decision in the approval / disapproval of any requests. The Foundation will provide funding to the Cissna Park School District/ teachers/ vendors for the selected proposals.
Approved grants are expected to be completed by the end of the current school semester. Grant evaluation and sharing community-wide of the results will be part of the process.
Achieve the Foundation’s mission by directing support toward the following goals:
- To promote development for learners of all ages
- To encourage employee innovation and creativity
- To encourage school / community partnership
Eligibility to apply for a Classroom Mini Grant is as follows:
- All requirements from previous grants must be completed
- Item(s) being purchased are not considered annual consumables
- Submitted projects should not be already contracted or purchased
- The project’s additional funding sources must be fully secured at the time of application
A. The proposal must enhance student learning opportunities included but not limited to:
- Student achievement
- language arts
- social science
- fine arts
- Community partnership
- Innovative/ creative projects
- Interdisciplinary approach/ number of students impacted by the grant.
B. If funds are limited, preference will be given to classrooms who have not received a grant in the previous grant period.
Additional Rules may be found here.
CPEF Mini-Grant Application